“Practical Accounting Skills, including SST Mapping and Accounting Treatment for Accounting Supervisors, Executives, Assistance and Clerks”
– HRDF Claimable – 2-Day Training Workshop
Date : 12-13 JULY 2019 (Fri-Sat)
Time : 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue : Doubletree Hilton, Johor Bahru
*Incl. Course Notes, 90-days Post Seminar Support, Lunch, Tea Break & Attendance Certificate
(i) Early Bird Offer (before 11 June 2019) – RM890
(ii) Special Offer (before 23 June 2019) – RM990
(iii) Normal Fee. – RM1090
* Fee includes course Notes, Lunch, Refreshments/ Tea Breaks, Certificate of Attendance & 6% Government Service Tax
* Bulk discount of 10% applicable for 3 pax or more
* CPD 16 Hours
Accounting has always been recognized as a very key function in any organization. It provides the basis for information reports to be generated from these accounting records to help managers to make a more informed and effective decisions to increase their organizational performance.
Accounting will forever be an extreme asset and vital aspects to one’s career and organization success. It is a “NEED TO KNOW” subject matter.
With the introduction of SST after the GST, accounting transactions of Registered Manufacturers and Service Tax Registered Person has this SST element and need to be treated with care in their reporting to Customs.
ALL Non-SST register organization may also need to know that SST on imported services also applies to them and they also need to file returns to the customs.
Hence this Practical Accounting Skill training workshop incorporating Essential SST Accounting matters such as Coding and Mapping forms and important part ranging from their daily Accounting work to the filing of returns, and increase their effectiveness in their daily Accounting Work.
(B) OBJECTIVES / KEY TAKEAWAYS:
To enable the Non-Accounting personnel to:
• Enhance the understanding of the key concepts and
importance of the day to day Accounting activities
requirements in their work
• Learn and enhance the SST Accounting treatment
capability and the periodical filing of SST return more
• Learn the calculation and uses of ratio analysis and
interpretation of financial statements
• Merging the acquired Accounting skills to a more
effective communication and collaboration with other disciplines
(C) TARGETED GROUPS
• Fresh Accountants / Accounting Graduates,
• Junior Accounts Executives & Accounts Supervisors
• Accounts and Administrative Assistants
• Book Keepers & Accounts Clerks
• All other persons who are involved in and/or interested to
enhance their practical accounting skills to support their business operations
(D) WORKSHOP CONTENT
• What is Accounting, Book-Keeping, Transactions and an Account?
• Why keep accounts?
• Familiarization of Key Accounting Terms
• Concepts, Principles and Equations
• Basic concept of SST and its effect on businesses.
 TRANSACTIONS PROCESSING & ACCOUNTING ENTRIES
• Accounting Policies and Grouping of Accounts
• Chart of Accounts
• Transactional documentation processing
o Common Documentation in use
o Matching concept
o Checking and approving
o Following up trail
o SST treatment and its transaction mappings.
• Accounting double entries, including accounting entries:
o Deemed Supply treatment for SST – free goods and services
o Withholding Tax for import of Services
o Bad Debt Relief Claims and Repayment of SST
o SST Return Form
• Understanding of the Content
• Reconciliation with Ledger accounts
 PROVISIONING/ PREPAYMENTS AND MONTHLY/ ANNUAL ADJUSTMENTS FOR ACCOUNT CLOSING
• Accruals, provisions and prepayments calculations and
• Depreciation / Amortization methods
• Bad and doubtful debt adjustments
• Stock obsolesces
• Debtors / Creditors reconciliation
• Bank Reconciliations
• Petty cash control / Imprest System application
 EFFICIENT WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES AND PROCEDURES FOR:
 HANDS ON EXERCISE AND ASSIGNMENTS ALONG THE WAY
 UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND PREPARATION OF SUPPORTING SCHEDULES:
• Manufacturing / Project Account
• Statement of Financial Position – Balance Sheet
• Statement of Total Comprehensive Income:-
o Profit and Loss Statement
o Other Comprehensive Income Statement
• Statement of Cash Flow and its preparation basis:
o Direct Vs. Indirect Method
o Understand why the various adjustment in the statement.
– Cash from Operation
– Cash from Investing
– Cash from Financing
 ACCOUNTING RATIO ANALYSIS
• Operational Efficiency
• Capital Expenditure Evaluation
 INTRODUCTION TO COST ALLOCATION AND COSTING
• Cost Classifications
• Types of Costing
• Variance Analysis
• Breakeven point
9. HANDS ON EXERCISE AND ASSIGNMENTS ALONG THE WAY
As this is a training workshop, participants besides attending lectures are also required to work together in pairs and groups to have hands on exercise to recap the learnings together . Hence a Calculator is required. Participants are also encouraged to bring their real working questions for discussions.
TAN KOK TEE
HRDF Certified Trainer
Kok Tee has over 40 years of experience in financial, strategic and general management. He has held a variety of leadership and senior management roles in various organizations, the last being Group Chief Executive Officer. More than half of this time are spend in the Manufacturing, Marketing & Distribution and Services organization, including those with the then Inchcape Timuran Berhad, Metroplex Berhad, Perdana Industries Berhad.
He is a Fellow member of the Association of International Accountants, UK; Member of the Institute of Public Accountants, Aust.; Certified Commercial & Industrial Accountant, (M); Member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia and Member of the Malaysia Associations of Company
He is also a Certified Trainer with PMSB’s Train The Trainer Certificate since 2009, a GST Agent registered with MOF, RMCD MyGCAP certificate holder, and a life member with the Malaysian Institute of Directors.
Kok Tee has also been involved in training and facilitation since beginning 2009. To-date he had conducted about 350 training workshops, of which about 300 are for GST and SST related for both in-house as well as public, including for Government
Authorities, Chambers of Commerce, Government Linked Companies, Banks, Malaysian Institute of Accountants, Institute of Management Accountants, CPA (Aust.), MAICSA, Selangor state Human Resource Development Centre, Negeri Sembilan state Skills Development Centre, NGOs, political party as well as for various other training providers.
(G) POST-TRAINING SUPPORT
Speaker will answer Accounting & Finance related queries from attendees within 90 days of the seminar date, on a best effort basis.
Register today or
Email us at: SSTcourse@gmail.com