RMCO: Foreign spouses, children can now apply to return

PUTRAJAYA: Foreign spouses and children of Malaysians who do not have long-term visit passes can now apply for permission to enter the country, said Immigration director-general Datuk Khairul Dzaimee Daud.

However, only applicants from countries whose citizens are allowed to enter Malaysia will be considered for approval, he said in a statement today.

“For countries that are subject to entry restrictions, applications will not be considered until there is a decision to lift entry bans,” he said.

Applicants must be foreign wives or husbands and children of Malaysian citizens or permanent residents.

They must be legally married, and their marriages ought to have been registered with the National Registration Department, or the state Islamic Religious Department, or the state Islamic Religious Council, or with the Malaysian Embassy, or the Malaysian High Commission abroad.

Khairul Dzaimee said applications must be sent via email to gforce@imi.gov.my for evaluation before entry permission is given.

Applicants can visit www.imi.gov.my for procedures and guidelines for admission, before submitting a complete application to gforce@imi.gov.my. – Bernama

Source: NST